Monday, June 14, 2010

Win Stuff While Doing Article Research!

No sh*#, it's real?! If you haven't already- go ahead and give Swagbucks a whirl.

What is Swagbucks and how is it useful? Swagbucks is a search and win service. Basically, you use their search field instead of going to the Google or Yahoo page, and the results come from Google and Ask.com . I'm skeptical about most of that sort of thing, but I did the research on it that makes me comfortable telling my readers that it's legit.

With a lot of sites that offer prizes for surveys, games, searching and other things you read a lot about all the great prizes they give out, but when you search you can't find much in the way of proof from real people who use it. What I found while looking into Swagbucks was kind of the opposite. Screen shots of prize orders, blog posts that are clearly personal, and even videos of people opening boxes with things like Nintendo Wii and Xbox game consoles and games.

I'm not saying you should devote a significant portion of your day to geeking out with swagbuck searches, or that you're going to get rich with it. However, lots of people have earned thousands of dollars worth of Amazon gift cards; actual money, and pretty cool prizes.

I'm using it now, I mean- why not get rewarded for searching for stuff online? Just by doing the normal searches I do anyway to research a lot of things I write about, I'm racking up points. Eventually I'll trade them all in for something really cool, or do my holiday shopping with all the accumulated Amazon gift cards.

I suppose this post isn't really about freelance writing- but if you are writing online you are probably also doing lot of research like I do. For me, it was kind of a no brainier, particularly since they seem to be fairly spam free. Click on the link below to sign up and give it a try. Remember where this blog is. If you do well with it, pop back and let us know what you got! :-)

Search & Win

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello! :-)