Sunday, June 13, 2010

It's Social Networking Week: Welcome to Gather

If you are reading this blog, chances are it's because you're another writer. Like me, you look for ideas and pointers everywhere, and are hoping you'll find something useful here. I hope you do too, otherwise keeping this blog would be pointless- LOL. ;-)~

Social Networking is a buzz phrase these days. If you want to write and make something of it, you have to have readers. One of the best ways to show people who you are as a person, and as a writer, is to be actively involved in social networks. Many of the people who read my articles and blogs stumbled in through Face Book and other similar places. Most people are aware of Face Book and My Space, and I think we all know that they both have some high points and some low points.

A social network that has been gaining a lot of popularity you may not have tried out yet is called Gather. It's especially gaining notice from a lot of people in their thirties and up. It seems to be a fun forum for sharing, but has a more adult edge than some of the other social networks. They also reward the participants with points that can be used for gift cards and other things, and offer some opportunities for those who would like to commit to regularly writing. If you haven't already, I think this one is worth joining.

1 comment:

  1. I love Gather - you get so much exposure there (I'm on it so other writers can find me).

    And now I'm a subscriber here, too - thanks for helping me find it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello! :-)