Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"Where do I list my blog?"

Well, at first thought, you might s well list it everywhere you can come up with. Then again, if your blog is about weight training and fitness and you list it on Suzie Q's music site list, it may not help.

There are several services like the one I posted about yesterday which submit your blog or site to many different search engines at once. That's not a bad idea to invite general traffic, but my theory is that listing your site in the most popular places and the most relevant places will bring the best results.

Most Popular Search Engines:

ADD YOUR SITE TO GOOGLE
ADD YOUR SITE TO YAHOO
ADD YOUR SITE TO MSN

Once you've added your site to the popular search engines, you may want to try some other individual indexes as well as visiting sites that help you submit to multiple search engines at once.

For instance, some sites would do very well attracting attention though the librarian's internet index, particularly if your site is "safe for work" material, and educational or informative. the DMOZ OPEN DIRECTORY PROJECT is another good place to be aware of.

Then, start searching for places that list your kind of blog. For instance, when I was looking for places to list my music theory and songwriting blog I did a bunch of google searches like 'list your music blog here' and music blog search' and 'music education websites', just to see what I'd come up with. The same basic concept probably appilys to most subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello! :-)